28 April 2012, JellyBean @ 7:36 am

A landlord is suing former tenants who fled the New Jersey home in the middle of the night after only one week, claiming the residence is haunted.

Richard Lopez, an orthodontist and landlord, filed a state Superior Court lawsuit against Josue Chinchilla and Michele Callan, who left the Toms River home March 10 after living there a week with Callan’s teenage daughter and 6-year-old son.

Lopez’s lawsuit alleges that the couple diminished his ability to rent or sell the house when they told the Asbury Park Press about their experiences in the home.

The couple said doors would creak and slam in unoccupied parts of the house and clothing and other items would be found in places other than where they were left.

They said they finally fled the home after Chinchilla felt an invisible hand on his arm and Callan saw a dark apparition in their bedroom.

Lopez is seeking $15,000 in damages.

Chinchilla and Callan previously filed a lawsuit against Lopez, alleging the landlord initially agreed to return their $2,250 security deposit and let them out of their one-year lease before changing his mind.

Related Reading:

16 April 2012, JellyBean @ 7:49 am

In a case eerily similar to the supposedly true ‘Amityville Horror’, a New Jersey couple said that paranormal activity caused them to flee their rental home. They are now suing their landlord.

Michele Callan and her fiance, Josue Chinchilla, moved into the home in Toms River, N.J., with Callan’s two children on March 1 and were immediately spooked.

“Three taps on the TV, taps on the shoulder…” Chinchilla told ABC News.

At first they chalked it up to the adjustment period of moving into a new home.

But things only got spookier, they said.

Doors opened and closed. The family even claimed they recorded strange voices whispering, “Let it burn.”

The new tenants said that between the menacing voices, flickering lights and clothes mysteriously flying from their closets, they couldn’t take it anymore. They fled the three-bedroom home and checked into a hotel, where they said they have been living since March 13.

Callan and Chinchilla filed suit last week in New Jersey Superior Court, seeking the return of their $2,250 security deposit from their landlord, Richard Lopez.

Lopez filed a counter-suit claiming the couple is using alleged paranormal activity as a way to break their lease.

“Frankly, there is something else going on,” David Semanchik, who is Lopez’s lawyer, told the Asbury Park Press. “She is a single mom, she has this fiancé living with her. I think she is in over her head and she can’t afford the rent.”

The couple said that isn’t the case, but ultimately a judge will have the final word on whether the family will be able to escape their alleged nightmare on Lowell Avenue.

Related Reading:

30 January 2012, JellyBean @ 5:12 am

A minister has performed a second exorcism at a haunted house in Scotland yesterday.

According to residents the ghostly goings-on got worse following his first attempt.

The Reverend Keith Mack performed special blessings at the property a fortnight ago.

But he was called back when Vicky Dann and her daughters, Jenna, 18, and Emma, 11, continued to see ghosts in the house in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

Mr Mack, of the town’s St John’s and King’s Park Church, spent about an hour saying prayers in each room yesterday.

He said: “We have blessed a few houses, and it seems to have done the trick. However, it doesn’t seem to have worked fully here.”

Vicky, 40, said the family started seeing ghosts, including a man in a black suit and a blonde in a white nightie, about two years ago.

She said: “Every time we take pictures in the house we either get orbs or people we don’t know in them. Sometimes you can sense that somebody is watching you.”

Mr Mack said if the second exorcism failed to work, he would speak to other ministers to “see what they would do”.

Vicky wasn’t too hopeful that the blessings would drive out the spirits, saying: “After the minister was here the last time, it got much worse.”

Related Reading:

30 January 2011, JellyBean @ 6:20 pm

Ghost rapping became a huge phenomenon during the Victorian era and still persists today.

Many skeptics say that these ‘rappings’ are just clever hoaxing and can be easily duplicated. Others are firm believers that it is a form of spirit communication.

Dr Barrie Colvin, a polyurethane technologist who carries out experimental psychical research, has analyzed the audio recordings of several notorious ghost rapping cases, and believes they share similar acoustic qualities to an earthquake.

This week he will be holding a lecture at the University of Glasgow where he will present his evidence to the public.

According to Colvin, on analysis, these sounds give a distinct sound signature when compared to recordings of rapping sounds made in ordinary ways, such as knuckles hitting a wall.

He found that while the sound of a normal rapping noise is loudest at the start and fades over a period of milliseconds, the paranormal rapping starts relatively quietly before becoming loud and then fading away.

This audio is mostly closely related to the waves from an earthquake.

Psychology experts have welcomed Colvin’s “interesting observations” but stressed that while they cannot be readily dismissed, nor do they offer conclusive proof of ghostly activity.

Related Reading:

Older Posts »
Level Beyond is based on
WordPress platform, RSS tech , RSS comments design by Gx3.